How to Delete Data and/or Start Over
Currently there is no way to delete financial data that you've already uploaded into CFO Scoreboard
You can certainly overwrite any previously-uploaded data by following our straightforward instructions on that.
But if you or your client absolutely need to remove some months of data that have already been supplied -- well, currently there is no way to do that. The only way forward would be to create a new company, starting with a blank slate.
However, that isn't always as hard as it seems.
How to start over from scratch with a new company:
- Make sure you have a record of all Excel files that need to be re-uploaded into the new company, once the old one is gone.
- Take a screenshot of the Edit Company Settings panel, or make a note of those settings.
- Take note of any saved What If scenarios, and take screenshots of each.
- Take note of anything saved in the Edit Employees & Units Sold screen (accessible via the Companies >> Actions menu) and save those values if they're not easy to re-enter.
- Finally, when you're sure everything is secure, delete the company (accessible via the Companies >> Actions menu)
- On the same screen, go ahead and re-create the company, referencing all the Company Settings that you previously recorded.
- Begin uploading the new statements. It will go faster and more easily if you can consolidate as many months as possible into as few documents as possible -- ideally just in one batch!
- Once the new statements are uploaded, classify all of them and mark Payroll and Owner's Expense accounts as appropriate.
- Rebuild any What If scenarios, and reload Employees & Units Sold, as appropriate.
That's it! The company will be running as good as new, with all the old undesired data having been properly cleaned out.